Accommodation is let on a Self Catering basis and only for use of the named persons (plus Babies), for the duration and Cost stated on the Booking Form.
The ancient nature of these properties means that they are not suitable for those who need wheelchair access, those who have difficulty walking or climbing stairs or using uneven surfaces.
Pets are not allowed under any circumstances.
The description of the rental properties and available services is based on the UK English language.
Translations into your own language, where you have either:
- Selected your national language on our website, which uses Google Translate.
As the translation is performed in ‘real time’ it can generally be relied upon to be up to date and accurate.
- Utilised an alternative translation system, if searching from a third party holiday rental website, this may introduce translation errors or they may not have published our latest information.
These third party companies and the translation programs used are outside of our control and we cannot warranty the accuracy of the translation. Note: we have experienced this problem.
1.3 Rental Rates:
Rental Rates are as shown on our website www.pessel.uk/rental-rates.
Booking reservations for either Grand Pessel or Petit Pessel, and if applicable, La Tour Pessel, must be made by the Lead Member of the Group who are booking to stay at either Property. If more than one rental property is required one Booking Form for each Property is required.
The Lead Member must be 18 Years or older and also authorised by the other members of the Group to make the booking on their behalf.
1.4.1 General Procedure:
- Email email@example.com with your requirements for a) Property and b) Booking Period required.
- We will confirm availability by sending you a Booking Form by email within 48 Hours, showing the amounts to be paid in either GB Pounds or Euros €, by Bank Transfer and payment due times, into the Owner’s Bank Account, details will be included on the Booking Form.
- Complete the Booking Form with Name, Address, email address and telephone number of the Lead Member of Group, plus Full Names of all those in the Group and the other required information, sign it, date it and initial the T&C’s acceptance Box.
- Scan the completed form/s or Photograph it and email the image/s back to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt by return email.
- We will hold the Booking pending receipt of your 25% Deposit or Full Payment and Security Deposit as applicable into our Bank Account, for 72 hours from the Date of Issue of the Booking Form.
Payment by Credit Card or Cheque is not possible, payment shall be by Bank Transfer.
Payments are in £ Pound Sterling or the equivalent in Euros € as stated on the Booking Form, for the specified amounts. These shall be paid into the Owner’s Bank Account also detailed on the booking Form.
The Due dates for payment are also shown on the Booking Form.
- A) Deposit Payment – Booking greater than 10 weeks (70 Days) prior to your Booking arrival date
A Non Refundable Deposit of 25% of the Rental Cost is due by the date shown on the Booking Form, to secure the booking, so long as this is still 10 weeks prior to your Booking arrival date at the property. otherwise the full Rental Cost plus the Security Deposit (D) and Cleaning Fee (E) as stated on the Booking Form.
- B) Balance Payment – Booking greater than 10 weeks (70 Days) prior to your Booking arrival date.
Balance of the Rental Payment. Where a deposit has been paid in advance, at a minimum period of 10 weeks prior to your Booking arrival date, the balance of the Rental Cost, plus a Security Deposit (D) and Cleaning Fee (E) as stated on the Booking Form should also be paid. Please remember that if this payment is not made on time it may be deemed by us that the booking is cancelled and your deposit will be forfeited.
- C) Full Payment – Booking made less than 10 weeks (70 Days) prior to your Booking arrival date
Payment to be made in full, plus a Security Deposit (D) and Cleaning Fee (E) as stated on the Booking Form.
- D) Security Deposit – £400.00or the equivalent in Euros € as stated on the Booking Form.
- E) Cleaning Fee – £60.00or the equivalent in Euros € as stated on the Booking Form.
The steps laid out above relating to Booking and Payment, form a binding contract between the Lead Member of the Group and the Owners.
In the unlikely event of any disputes these shall be covered by English Law.
1.6 Security Deposit Return:
We endeavour to refund the Security Deposit, in the same currency it was paid, into the Bank Account of the Lead Member, as shown on the Booking Form, approximately 2 weeks from your date of departure from the Property. This may be delayed in the unlikely event of damage which we have to assess and/or obtain repair estimates. In this event these costs will be deducted from the amount refunded. In these instances, copies of cost estimates or Invoices for damage repair, with photos where necessary, will be emailed to the Lead Member.
1.7 Cancellation by the Owner:
In the unlikely event of a significant event outside of our control, leading to cancellation by us, we will advise the Lead Member as soon as possible and refund all monies to his/her nominated Bank Account on the Booking Form.
1.8 Cancellation by Renters:
Important – Please ensure that you have taken out a quality Travel Insurance Policy for all aspects of your visit to Grand, Petit or La Tour Pessel as applicable.
Depending upon the reason for your cancellation, recovery of your costs may be possible under the terms of your Insurance Policy. This would need be claimed directly by you to your Insurance provider after your return home. If you have to cancel your booking for any reason, please notify us immediately by email to this address email@example.com.
In the event that the balance of the Booking is not received by the due date, the Rental Booking will be determined to have been cancelled. (See also 1.4 above)
- More than 10 weeks (70 Days) before due Arrival Date: Deposit forfeited.
2. Less than 10 weeks (70 Days) before due Arrival Date: Full Booking Cost forfeited.
3. Security Deposit will, however, be refunded.
We will endeavour to re-let the Rental Property for the period but at short notice discounts may have to be offered. If we are successful then the nett rental cost received from the replacement Renters or Letting Agent, minus an administration charge of £60.00 or the equivalent in Euros €, will be refunded to you.
Date: 20 Jun 2021 – Rev: D
In one of the most stunning parts of the world, at the heart of an area renowned for its rich history and pre-history, Les Maisons de Pessel are nestled in the beautiful, verdant Forêt de la Bessède, a protected area of notable biodiversity, in the Périgord Noir region of South West France.
Famed for its gastronomy, architecture, art and culture, the Périgord Noir and Les Maisons de Pessel offer a perfect setting with exceptional scenery for your holiday, whether you seek peace and quiet, outdoor activities or cultural outings, your needs will be met, all accompanied by delicious local produce from the many markets or prepared with flair in charming restaurants and bars.
In a secluded setting at the end of its own private access road, Domaine de Pessel, where our holiday cottages are situated, has over 60 acres of delightful grounds, consisting of woodland, meadows, wildflowers, lawns and well-kept formal gardens, with abundant wildlife ranging from deer, wild boar and red squirrels to golden orioles, hoopoes and many colourful butterflies.