Accommodation is let on a Self Catering basis and only for use of the named persons (plus Babies), for the duration and Cost stated on the Booking Form.
The ancient nature of these properties means that they are not suitable for those who need wheelchair access, those who have difficulty walking or climbing stairs or using uneven surfaces.
Pets are not allowed under any circumstances.
The description of the rental properties and available services is based on the UK English language.
Translations into your own language, where you have either:
- Selected your national language on our website, which uses Google Translate.
As the translation is performed in ‘real time’ it can generally be relied upon to be up to date and accurate.
- Utilised an alternative translation system, if searching from a third party holiday rental website, this may introduce translation errors or they may not have published our latest information.
These third party companies and the translation programs used are outside of our control and we cannot warranty the accuracy of the translation.
1.3 Rental Rates:
Rental Rates are as shown on our website www.pessel.uk/rental-rates or as shown in the Booking Form above.
Booking reservations for either Grand Pessel or Petit Pessel, and if applicable, La Tour Pessel, must be made by the Lead Member of the Group who are booking to stay at either Property. If more than one rental property is required one Booking Form for each Property is required.
The Lead Member must be 18 Years or older and also authorised by the other members of the Group to make the booking on their behalf.
1.4.1 General Procedure:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements for a) Property and b) Booking Period required.
- We will confirm availability by sending you a Booking Form by email within 48 Hours, showing the amounts to be paid in either GB Pounds or Euros €, by Bank Transfer and payment due times, into the Owner’s Bank Account, details will be included on the Booking Form.
- Complete the Booking Form with Name, Address, email address and telephone number of the Lead Member of Group, plus Full Names of all those in the Group and the other required information, sign it, date it and initial the T&C’s acceptance Box.
- Scan the completed form/s or Photograph it and email the image/s back to email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt by return email.
- We will hold the Booking pending receipt of your 25% Deposit or Full Payment and Security Deposit as applicable into our Bank Account, for 72 hours from the Date of Issue of the Booking Form.
Payment by Credit Card or Cheque is not possible, payment shall be by Bank Transfer.
Payments are in £ Pound Sterling or the equivalent in Euros € as stated on the Booking Form, for the specified amounts. These shall be paid into the Owner’s Bank Account also detailed on the booking Form.
The Due dates for payment are also shown on the Booking Form.
- A) Deposit Payment – Booking greater than 10 weeks (70 Days) prior to your Booking arrival date
A Non Refundable Deposit of 25% of the Rental Cost is due by the date shown on the Booking Form, to secure the booking, so long as this is still 10 weeks prior to your Booking arrival date at the property, otherwise the full Rental Cost plus the Security Deposit (D) and Cleaning Fee (E) as stated on the Booking Form.
- B) Balance Payment – Booking greater than 10 weeks (70 Days) prior to your Booking arrival date.
Balance of the Rental Payment. Where a deposit has been paid in advance, at a minimum period of 10 weeks prior to your Booking arrival date, the balance of the Rental Cost, plus a Security Deposit (D) and Cleaning Fee (E) as stated on the Booking Form should also be paid. Please remember that if this payment is not made on time it may be deemed by us that the booking is cancelled and your deposit will be forfeited.
- C) Full Payment – Booking made less than 10 weeks (70 Days) prior to your Booking arrival date
Payment to be made in full, plus a Security Deposit (D) and Cleaning Fee (E) as stated on the Booking Form.
- D) Security Deposit – £400.00 or the equivalent in Euros € as stated on the Booking Form.
- E) Cleaning Fee – £52.00 or the equivalent in Euros € 60.00 as stated on the Booking Form.
The steps laid out above relating to Booking and Payment, form a binding contract between the Lead Member of the Group and the Owners.
In the unlikely event of any disputes these shall be covered by English Law.
1.6 Security Deposit Return:
We endeavour to refund the Security Deposit, in the same currency it was paid, by Bank Transfer into the Bank Account of the Lead Member, as shown on the Booking Form, approximately 2 weeks from your date of departure from the Property. This may be delayed in the unlikely event of damage which we have to assess and/or obtain repair estimates. In this event these costs will be deducted from the amount refunded. In these instances, copies of cost estimates or Invoices for damage repair, with photos where necessary, will be emailed to the Lead Member.
1.7 Insurance by Renter:
Important – Please ensure that you have taken out a quality Travel Insurance Policy for all aspects of your visit to Grand or Petit Pessel.
1.8 Cancellation by the Owner:
In the unlikely event of a significant event outside of our control, leading to cancellation by us, we will advise the Lead Member as soon as possible and refund all monies to his/her nominated Bank Account on the Booking Form.
1.9 Cancellation by Renters:
Important – Please ensure that you have taken out a quality Travel Insurance Policy for all aspects of your visit to Grand, Petit or La Tour Pessel as applicable.
Depending upon the reason for your cancellation, recovery of your costs may be possible under the terms of your Insurance Policy. This would need be claimed directly by you to your Insurance provider after your return home. If you have to cancel your booking for any reason, please notify us immediately by email to this address firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that the balance of the Booking is not received by the due date, the Rental Booking will be determined to have been cancelled. (See also 1.4 above)
- More than 10 weeks (70 Days) before due Arrival Date: Deposit forfeited.
- Less than 10 weeks (70 Days) before due Arrival Date: Full Booking Cost forfeited.
- Security Deposit will, however, be refunded.
We will endeavour to re-let the Rental Property for the period but at short notice discounts may have to be offered. If we are successful then the nett rental cost received from the replacement Renters or Letting Agent, minus an administration charge of in Euros €70.00, will be refunded to you.
2.0 Occupancy Terms and Conditions and Information:
2.1.0 Arrival and Departure:
Change over day is normally on Saturday, unless different dates have been agreed, see Booking Form above.
Arrival after 17:30, Departure before 09:30 local French Time.
We will arrange for someone to be available on your arrival, which we envisage to be before 21:00, however, if you expect your arrival to be later than this time, please telephone or text to let us know as this meet and greet may not be possible. Alternatives can be arranged.
Our Telephone Contact Number: French Mobile: +33 (0)6 33 18 59 95
Accommodation is only for the named persons stated on the Booking Form, plus babies.
The ancient nature of these properties means that they are not suitable for wheelchair access.
Pets are not allowed under any circumstances.
Herbs such as Thyme and Sage found in the grounds and Rosemary outside Grand Pessel, can be used for cooking.
Do not pick any fruit or Nuts or other fruit on the property, they are crops which we harvest some appear edible but can be poisonous.
Do not pick any flowers as these take time to grow and are for the enjoyment of all guests.
2.3.0 Rental Rates Include:
Water, Gas and Electricity at any time of the Year.
Wood for the wood burning stove, currently only available in Grand Pessel, is free of charge. Wood will be available from 1st November through to 31st March.
Bed linen, House Towels and Tea/Kitchen Towels are included in the rent and are replaced on a weekly basis, or sooner if requested, however, in this instance there will be an additional charge which will be deducted from the Security Deposit. Please use the laundry facilities which are Free.
Baby Cots with mattresses and mattress protectors, high chairs are available plus additional towels, however, linen, sleeping covers and baby supplies are not provided. Baby supplies can be sourced from the local Carrefour 10 minutes by car in Siorac en Perigord
Please ensure that you let us know how many babies will be included in your group.
The Rental Property is provided with an extensive and full complement of items for your use during your stay. This inventory is as shown on the applicable LINK for each property Grand Pessel and Petit Pessel. An applicable copy will also be available in each property. Damage and losses will be assessed against these lists and costs will be deducted from the Deposit.
A Washing Machine (including Detergent and Fabric Softener) and Tumble Dryer and exterior Clothes Line is available for FREE use by the occupants of either property. These are located in the Utility Room at the back of Grand Pessel.
2.4.0 Waste Treatment (Drains), General Waste and Recyclable Items, Kitchen, Toilets and Cleaning:
Utility items suitable for the French ‘Fosse’ drainage system will be provided by us (Please do not bring your own!).
2.4.1 Recyclable Waste: Plastics, Aluminium and Steel Cans, Paper, Cardboard, Glass.
There are Large Bins available at the local disposal centre for the waste. These are FREE disposal, please take them to the Decheterie. GPS Co-ordinates – 44.8261, 0.9502.
2.4.2 General Waste: Including Personal Hygiene products, Nappies and meat waste.
There is a new disposal system for this type of waste in this area, which requires a credit type card to gain access to the Containers. We only have one card so any waste of this type should be contained in a waste plastic bag and delivered to us at our house, we will take it for disposal.
2.4.3 Compostable Waste: i.e. Food Waste (but not meat waste see General Waste above).
This can be disposed of on our land. Waste of this type should be delivered to us at our house, and we will take it for disposal.
- ONLY TOILET PAPER, WHICH WE PROVIDE, MAY BE DISPOSED OF IN THE TOILET.
- PAPER TISSUES OF ANY KIND MUST NOT BE PUT DOWN THE TOILET.
- RELEVANT CLEANING AND WASHING PRODUCTS SUITABLE FOR USE WITH FOSSE TANKS ARE PROVIDED BY US.
- THE FOSSE TANKS HAVE BEEN PREPARED WITH THE RELEVANT CHEMICALS.
- PERSONAL HYGIENE PRODUCTS OR DISPOSABLE NAPPIES MUST NOT BE PUT DOWN THE TOILET. Use one of the small plastic bags provided and then deposit your items in a larger plastic bag for disposal. (See 2.4.2 above).
- DO NOT DISPOSE OF ANY QUANTITY OF FAT OR OILS DOWN THE DRAIN, wipe out fat/oil from pans before washing.
2.4.5 Property Cleaning:
You are requested to leave the property and its contents generally in the same state as you found it/them.
Cleaning of the Property is carried out on the Saturday following your departure.
In the unlikely event of a major clean being required we reserve the right to charge an extra fee which will be deducted from the Deposit. You will be advised by email.
2.4.6 Covid 19 Cleaning:
In view of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are mindful and careful of our own health and safety and that of all with whom we are in contact. We respect the personal use of masks, disinfectants and social distancing.
For our rental properties, we follow government and WHO recommended five-step enhanced cleaning processes.
- We ventilate and clean all rooms; we sanitize high-touch surfaces, including doorknobs, handles, light switches etc.
- We use approved cleaning products and disinfectants.
- We have a strict process and rota by which we clean the properties.
- We provide extra cleaning supplies for your use during your stay.
- We comply with local regulations, including any additional safety or cleaning guidelines.
Contact: The Cottages are located on a quiet Chemin, which experience very little traffic. An average no more than one vehicle per day, often only LaPoste which delivers to the to us and our neighbour. Pessel is on a public walking route, denoted by the Yellow Caps on certain posts; however, locals use them infrequently for walking and occasionally visiting groups will use them.
We will limit contact with you and observe distancing.
2.5.0 General Maintenance:
All equipment is checked on a regular basis, however, in the event of a mechanical, electrical or any other breakdown of any of the equipment, please advise the owners or nominated representatives immediately, so that rectification can take place as quickly as possible.
Such failures are outside of the control of the owners or nominated representatives. These failures are not grounds for any claim for compensation.
The owners reserve the right of reasonable access to the property during your stay for maintenance or other purposes.
2.6.0 Responsibilities of Lead Member and Group Members:
It is the responsibility of the Lead Member to ensure that all members of the group are familiar with all Terms and Conditions.
Security of your possessions is solely the responsibility of the Group Members and they should take appropriate steps to ensure this.
2.7.0 Domaine de Pessel – Grounds:
Other than the Car Park area, the areas beyond the car park area, the Garage Barn and the Barn adjoining Grand Pessel are ‘Private’ and not for use by persons renting Grand Pessel or Petit Pessel.
The areas around the main house are private. The Car Park area, the areas beyond the car park area, the ‘Garage Barn’ and the Barn adjoining Grand Pessel are ‘Private’ and not for use by persons renting Grand Pessel or Petit Pessel.
Additionally the Stable Block and Forage Barn on the other side of the Chemin Rural are also ‘Private’ and must not be used as play areas.
For safety reasons the pitching of tents in the grounds is not permitted. (see 2.10.0 Wild Life, Animals and Countryside)
2.8.0 Smoking, Barbecues and FIRE:
Smoking of any kind, Tobacco or Electronic is Not Permitted inside the Property at any time.
- THIS IS A FORESTED AREA: PLEASE USE THE PAVED AREAS, TAKE EXTREME CARE. IF SMOKING OR USING A BARBECUE OUTSIDE. ENSURE THAT ALL SMOKING ITEMS ARE PROPERLY EXTINGUISHED AFTER USE.
- BE AWARE THAT GRASS CAN QUICKLY AND EASILY BURN, EVEN IF IT APPEARS GREEN.
- VERY HIGH IMPORTANCE: DO NOT SMOKE IN THE FOREST!
Note: In Summer 2015 over 500 Hectares of Forest were destroyed in ONE event near Bordeaux.
2.9.0 Vehicles and Chemins (Roads):
Caravans, Recreational Vehicles or Commercial Vehicles are not permitted to park anywhere on the property.
There is a Car Park Area a very short walk from both of the Rental Properties, Please Do Not park in the Garage Barn or obstruct the entrances.
Although not displayed, please do not drive more than 15 km/h near the buildings.
The very nature of these rental properties and their location is that they are not enclosed or fenced in and a local ‘Chemin Rural’ runs past both Gites at this point but is no more than a track. They are ancient rights of way but at this point they are very little used, however, we do see small cars and small four wheel drive vehicles, powered ‘Dirt Bikes’ and Mopeds occasionally use them.
Vehicles must not be parked on the ‘Chemin Rural’ immediately outside the rental properties, only short term stopping is permitted for unloading and loading on the specific property grass or hard area.
There is a Car Park Area a very short walk from both of the Rental Properties.
For your personal safety the ‘Chemin Rural’ must not be used as a recreation/play area and children in particular must be warned of this and adults and parents must watch out for any forgetfulness.
2.10.0 Wildlife, Animals and Countryside
The location of Pessel within the ‘Forêt de la Bessède’, means it will contain a variety of wild animals, boar and deer, which generally stay away from human locations, however, we have seen them on the property and the Boar have been known to damage the grounds at night. The unpredictability of these animals, especially Boar, could lead to injury if you are unwary, please alert all members of your Group.
We do not accept responsibility for any injuries caused by animals of any kind.
In the countryside, there will inevitably be small wildlife present around the houses, and sometimes they live in hard-to-reach places like an attic or roof. They are generally harmless and unless they are a serious nuisance, we will not take any action.
Do not feed any Animals, even domestic Dogs or Cats (including our own Cat – Maky) as this encourages them to return after you have departed.
There are approximately 60 Bee Hives located beyond the Forage Barn. It is unlikely you will find them but be aware if you do come across this location, you will see the hives from a distance, do not approach them just simply move away quietly and slowly.
3.0 Facilities – Grand Pessel
3.1 Grand Pessel:
- Accommodation for 4 to 5 Adults in two bedrooms
- Large Sitting Room – 31 m2
- Bedroom One – 16.5 m²
- Bedroom Two – 14.0 m²
- Modern Kitchen and Dining Room – 17 m²
- Shower Room – 5.5 m²
3.2 We include the following as standard :-
- Beds are provided for all occupants. Sofa Beds are not used.
- Modern Shower Room, Thermostatic Temperature Control, Toilet and Wash Hand Basin
- Water, Gas and Electricity (additional charges may apply in autumn and winter)
- Electric Wall Heaters
- Electric Storage Heaters for Hot Water (No Gas Heaters)
- Wood Burning Stove – Currently in Grand Pessel Only
Wood for the wood burning stove, currently only available in Grand Pessel, is free to use.
(Wood will be available from 1st November through to 31st March only)
- Fly Screens on some Windows
- Hair Dryer
- Utility items suitable for the ecology of the French ‘Fosse’ drainage system will be provided.
- All Toilet Paper, which is suitable for Fosse Tanks. English Toilet Paper, for example, is not suitable and must not be used.
- Washing up Liquid
- Cleaning Products (No bleach)
- Disposal Bags for Personal Hygiene Products and/or Disposable Baby Nappies
Please do not bring or use any of your own household cleaning products.
- Hand Soap, Small Bottle Shower Gel and Hair Shampoo.
Additional supplies can be purchased from us.
- Bed linen, house towels and tea towels are included
- Welcome Pack
- Flat Screen Television, Satellite reception, on request (French channels only)
- DVD Player on request
- Internet and WiFi on request Note: Our internet connection is metered & limited bandwidth, 5 GB week, per gite, available on request for light holiday use & is NOT suitable for streaming movies, gaming, downloads/uploads or for extensive surfing.
Provided via wifi hotspot valued at €120 which must remain in the gite at all times.
- Cellular Telephone Systems: Generally 4G/3G or sometimes 2G. Direct sight line to transmitter often 4 dots or more reception strength. Not in our supply or under our control.
- Electric Fans (on request)
- Fridge-Freezer, with Ice making Trays
- 4 Ring Built in Electric (Grand Pessel) or Gas Cooking Hob (Petit Pessel)
- Food Mixer
- Coffee making facilities.
- Cooking Utensils
- Basic Larder of Cooking Supplies (Please replace if large quantity used)
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Extinguisher (Dry Powder or CO2 as applicable)
- Smoke Alarms
- Outdoor Table and Chairs
- Sun Loungers
- Outdoor Umbrella
- Cool Bag and Ice Blocks (in freezer compartment)
- Dishwasher (Grand Pessel only at this time; check with us regarding Petit Pessel)
Dishwasher Capsules are provided for the rental period
- A Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer are available for use by the occupants of either Cottage.
These are located in the utility room with large dark red doors behind Grand Pessel
Washing Capsules/liquid and Conditioner are provided for the rental period.
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Clothes Drying Rack, Pegs and External Rotary Drying Line or similar
- For stays over a week an additional set of Bed Linen and Towels will be provided on request and on return of original set.
Also see above Bullet Point regarding Washing Machine availability.
- Vacuum Cleaner and other cleaning items are provided for use by the occupants
- Cleaning of the Property is carried out on Saturdays the day of departure/arrival
In exceptional cases where the property is left in a poor condition additional charges may be incurred, see 2.4 of the Occupancy T&Cs.
- A supply of Plastic Rubbish Bags (Black for General Waste, Yellow for recyclable material, small for personal items)
Please take your recyclables to the Urval Déchetterie which is located north along the D52 from Urval, alongside the railway line which runs parallel with the D25.
General Waste: Place in a bag and leave at our house as we will take these to the déchetterie
Note: In rural locations in France there is no domestic rubbish collection service.
Also DO NOT leave rubbish bags outside as Wild Animals are attracted to the waste.
- Boules (Petanque) Set (available on request)
Please remember Lost, Missing or Damaged items will be charged for.
If you have any specific needs, please ask and we will be pleased to help if we are able